Inbound marketing is an approach in which you attract customers to your business in a targeted, consistent way. Once they are in the door, it’s easier for them to make purchases and refer friends. This blog post will provide 7 actionable tips that will help improve your inbound marketing strategy, so take some time to read through these before getting started on your own!
1. Implement a social media strategy
Social media is a fantastic inbound marketing strategy that works for businesses in all industries. By creating content, such as videos and blog posts on specific topics related to your company’s expertise, you can reach new customers who might not know about your brand otherwise.
2. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
Mobile-friendly web design is no longer an option in today’s world. More than half of all online activity takes place on smartphones, so if your website isn’t mobile-ready, you are losing out on potential customers.
To ensure that your site is mobile friendly:
– View it in a smartphone or tablet browser to see how it displays in real time
– Resize your browser window to emulate a smaller screen size and test the design again.
– Test using Google’s Mobile Friendly Test tool, which can be found here: (link)
Your site will never appear as professional as it could if you don’t take advantage of mobile optimization.
Get Your FREE Digital Marketing eBook
Our free ebook will show you how to dominate your niche and be top of mind with customers.
Digital Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Business
25 Digital Marketing Tricks and Techniques to Grow Your Business
3. Optimize all of your content for search engines
Search engine optimization is a crucial inbound marketing strategy that all companies should invest in. By creating valuable content, such as blog posts and videos, you are putting your name out there to attract potential customers who are searching for relevant information about your brand online.
Make sure your URLs are clean and readable in order to be easily indexed by search engines
Ensure that the title of each page is clearly defined with keywords in mind, as search engines pick up on this information in their algorithm. A good way to do this would be using a tool like Yoast SEO for WordPress websites.
Make sure that you are in control of your brand’s presence online by registering and protecting all domains in which your business is mentioned. For example, if someone were to post a negative review about your company on Yelp or Facebook, you want to make it easy for customers to find the businesses official website in order to leave a positive review in return.
4. Add videos to help with conversion rates and engagement
Video is one of the most in demand inbound marketing strategies in today’s world. It has been proven to increase conversion rates by 80%, and also helps with establishing authority in your industry, which can lead to more quality links back to your website that will boost SEO rankings.
Make sure that you are creating videos for the right reasons, such as to educate and inform, and not in order to sell your products or services (unless that is what you are trying to accomplish).
Another thing that will help with video marketing in terms of inbound strategies:
– Make sure the videos on your site contain a transcript as search engines cannot read them. If there isn’t an automatic service in place, you can use a tool like Amara in order to have the spoken words in your videos turned into text.
– If you are going to be using YouTube as an inbound marketing strategy for your business, make sure that there is only one URL in the video description box and it goes back to your website or blog post about that specific topic.
– Use inbound links in your video description to other related content on your website in order to boost SEO rankings and demonstrate authority in the industry online.
5. Create an email list so you can better communicate with customers
An inbound marketing strategy isn’t complete without an email list in place in order to better communicate and reach out to customers in today’s world.
By having a mailing list, you can:
– Send weekly or monthly newsletters with tips and tricks related to your industry that will keep people coming back for more information. This is also another way in which you can demonstrate authority in your industry.
– Offer people helpful content in exchange for their email address, such as a free eBook or other informative resource that they would be interested in receiving. This will allow them to learn more about what it is that you do and stay up to date on the latest news in your field of expertise.
Make sure your inbound marketing strategy includes an email list in place in order to better communicate with customers and reach out to them. It is a crucial part of any inbound strategy that will help you grow your business online!
6. Use tools like Google Analytics to track performance of each campaign or tactic
Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to track the performance of each inbound tactic or campaign in real time. It will tell you how many people are visiting your site, where they’re coming from (search engines, social media sites), and whether or not they’re converting into customers.
The information in this inbound strategy will help you in order to better allocate resources in the future and ensure that your investment in certain strategies pays off.
For example, if a marketing campaign is bringing in way more traffic than another tactic or inbound marketing strategy (like SEO), but not converting into customers at the rate that was expected, then it would be in your best interest in order to take a closer look at where the problem lies.
Inbound marketing strategy is all about being in tune with what works and what doesn’t so that you can get better results in the future.
Use Google Analytics in order to track performance of each campaign or tactic, it will tell you how many people are visiting your site in real time and whether or not they’re converting into customers.
7. Test out inbound marketing using a small budget or even free tactics
An inbound marketing strategy isn’t complete without testing out different inbound tactics or strategies in order to see what works best for your business.
For instance, you could try using social media sites like Twitter and Facebook in order to promote certain posts on your blog by creating incentives in exchange for shares of content.
You could also try using inbound links in your email newsletters in order to boost SEO rankings and demonstrate authority in the industry online.
The information you receive from these different strategies will help you in order to better allocate resources in the future and ensure that your investment pays off.
Inbound Marketing Strategy in a Nutshell
In order to stay competitive in today’s market, it is crucial that your business invests in an inbound marketing strategy in order to grow and scale successfully online.
An inbound marketing strategy can include certain tools like Google Analytics which will track the performance of each campaign or tactic as well as email lists in order to better communicate with customers. Testing out inbound marketing using a small budget or even free tactics is also important in order to see what works best for your business. An inbound strategy isn’t complete without testing different inbound tactics and strategies so that you can get better results in the future!
Get your marketing strategy right. The first time.
If you need to advance your marketing strategy quickly, send me a message. I’ll make sure you have a complete picture of your marketing. We’ll build the right strategy – and keep running it so it works for your business, not against it!